Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Error Code

• Please log in to reply

MPI_00

MPI_00

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i get fatal error code:

0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

happens when i try to transfer files from my external hard drive (via UBS Port) to my desktop or when i try to move music files into my iPOD.....

Problem has happened on both XP Home and Pro... Also was wondering if its just a SP3 error code.. After 2 recent clean installs of Home and Pro its only happened on the SP3 version when i had Home SP2 never would lock up like so.....

anyways any kind of help would be helpful thanks

Edited by MPI_00, 06 December 2008 - 08:19 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Looks like a general stop code for a hardware error. Since an iPods involved I assume it can't be the USB cable. Is there a USB hub involved? If so remove it. Have you tried another USB port?

MPI_00

MPI_00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes i have. The external Simple Tech hard drive is connected to the back USB port on the motherboard. Seems really to happen when I try and transfer files from there to my main hard drive. Just earlier today i tried to make a data dvd with a movie file and the pc locked up then blue screened. Could it be the files themselves that would cause that error? Gonna try Moving all the USB wires around again to see if it locks up..

By the way heres my specs

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 8800 GT
Monitor: Samsung 226BW 22"
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [9C00]
Speakers/Headphones: Altec Lansing
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
Motherboard: Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI