Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Boot Up Failing

• Please log in to reply

G BLAZE

G BLAZE

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i installed the wireless driver, after that i restart my pc and now it would not boot up. the windows startup repair is failing it doesn't detect anything..is there a way i can disable the wireless device??

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

i installed the wireless driver, after that i restart my pc and now it would not boot up. the windows startup repair is failing it doesn't detect anything..is there a way i can disable the wireless device??

You can boot into safe mode.

To boot into safe mode:
  • Turn on the computer.
  • When you hear the beep (or see the BIOS screen) repeatedly Press the F8 key.
  • A list of options should appear. Select Safe mode (not the one with networking).

This should allow you to go in and uninstall the offending driver or roll it back to the previous version. If you need help doing that after you get into safe mode ask here.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 06 December 2008 - 04:39 PM.

G BLAZE

G BLAZE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
thanks...i tried this but it dosnt go to safemode it restarts. what can i do?

G BLAZE

G BLAZE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
now it starts up but, after the loading screen stays with a black screen, and doesnt do anything else

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try repair install: http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm