Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Laptop HD

• Please log in to reply

h3ctorz

h3ctorz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I have a friend who bought a new hard drive for a laptop. He's not computer literate so
I'm asking for him.

The models are:

laptop- Toshiba Satellite L45

HD- Fujitsu MHW2160BJ 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive

He originally formatted it to NFTS with gparted and I had him re-format it from a command prompt
in vista setup, but vista still won't recognize it to install. Something about drivers missing. What the... it's a harddrive?

Any ideas?

edit- While windows xp would need drivers for sata, windows lists this drive as fully vista compatible, and
Fujitsu's website doesn't even list any drivers.

Edited by h3ctorz, 06 December 2008 - 09:40 PM.

Advertisements

h3ctorz

h3ctorz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this forum fails. I solved the problem elsewere.
I notice a lot of other folks who get none or crappy replies. This has been up all day.

I'll prob get plenty responses to telling yall you inappropriate comment removed, but I got none asking a simple question.
FAIL

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm sorry you found your experience here less than satisfactory. This site consists of a number of staff and members who volunteer their time. That means you pay nothing. According to the posts I see, you posted at 4:27 pm on a Saturday, and by 1:09 am on Sunday you decide we fail because you didn't get a reply? That is not even 12 hours, and it was on a Saturday evening, when many of us are spending time with our families, not at our computers waiting for the next post so we can respond immediately. Patience is a virtue