Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a NotifyAlert.exe error

• Please log in to reply

CorporateKD

CorporateKD

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have an error that pops up every time I start my pc that states the following:

NotifyAlert.exe – Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xa58 (2648), Thread id=0xa5c (2652).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If I click CANCEL I get the following msg.

NotifyAlert.exe - No debugger found.

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to lauch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xa58

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT request.

If I click OK, then the computer works fine until the next reboot and I get the message again.

On another website, it advised to update the .NET Framework which I did. As it advised, I also downloaded and installed Windows SP 3. My computer functions have all slowed to a snail's pace! I have uninstalled the .NET Framework and it is a little faster but nowhere near what it used to be. Can I get some help on getting rid of the the NotifyAlert.exe error and getting my pc speed back!

Thank you in advance as I am not able to work with PC sooooooooo slow!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
NotifyAlert.exe is part of troublesome Dell Support Center. Your best bet is to uninstall DSC.