Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MPFTray.exe error msg

• Please log in to reply

Wade05

Wade05

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm running WinME.
Upon startup, I get an error message that reads:
"MPFTray.exe error please contact technical support with this info."

I've tried to go through McAfee's website to troubleshoot the problem, but they do not provide enough info on following through with all the various steps.

They did suggest going into the Run-type msconfig-startup to delete any multiple mpftray entries that are conflicting, but I only find one mpftray entry.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
have you tried a) updating, or b) uninstalling, then re-installing?

Wade05

Wade05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry, should have incl. that info before.
A) yes I did updates regularly, once a week.
b) yes, I did uninst and then reinstall, same problem comes up.

I will say it doesn't affect me after I close the error windows (that is that I know of...) But, I'm left with the nagging feeling something is wrong with my firewall and that it could be leaving me vulnerable...
I also have Spybot installed but it doesn't load at startup...that I know of, I think I have it correctly set up that way...

Wade05

Wade05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry, quick trigger finger.
I meant to ask if you thought it could be a conflict with Spybot. I think I uninstalled Spybot at one point trying to fix the problem,but to no avail.