Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks to go 6 grand hp magic giveaway closed?

• Please log in to reply

Bumblefoot

Bumblefoot

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Wow, is that the blasted luck of a newbie geek, a few minutes ago finding out the contest is now closed at something like Dec. 7, 2008 1:07 a.m. as I finish of my first post? Oh the pain, the pain ... Oh Will, the pain is beyond the understanding of your young mind. Again I find myself lost in space. Or is it Tossed and Spaced?

I could fill the page with expletives, but alas, what good will that do?

All I wanted for Christmas was a $6000 giveaway of HP stuff (as much as I despise them), and alas, the contest is closed. I was going to write I backup my important stuff from my 40 gig C drive to the 80 gig D drive and then onto CD's, but now... I am unable to do so. *edit* Cursed from birth, why stop now?

*edit* the water is getting closer to the houses!

Oh what fun life is... Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters... to me (I miss ya Freddy!)

My first impression of geekstogo, like Pearl Harbor, has been bombed... what a cruel cruel world it is...

Bumblefoot or is it Toofelbmub?

Edited by BHowett, 07 December 2008 - 11:04 AM.
Removed curse words

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi Bumblefoot and welcome to GtG.

Quote:My first impression of geekstogo, like Pearl Harbor, has been bombed... what a cruel cruel world it is...If you only joined GtG in order to enter the contest,then you might be right. But to GtG there is more than just the contest,there are great people here,all the forums are full of info and lots of unpaid volunters to sort out your or other peoples computerproblem. So before you write of this great site,dig a bit further :)

As for the contest,it's still open.Just click on the link,scroll down to the part where you see the E-Mail and the comment box, fill everything in and you're ready to go!

Cheers and good luck
zorba

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi Bumblefoot

I was going to write I backup my important stuff from my 40 gig C drive to the 80 gig D drive and then onto CD's, but now... I am unable to do so.

That’s not the right contest….The contest that is closed is the external hard drive bundle giveaway, not the 6 grand hp magic giveaway. Please feel free to enter the magic giveaway if you would like, and don’t be so quick to bad mouth the site because you didn’t follow the directions.

$6000 HP Magic Giveaway Contest!

Bumblefoot

Bumblefoot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Bumblefoot and welcome to GtG.

Quote:My first impression of geekstogo, like Pearl Harbor, has been bombed... what a cruel cruel world it is...If you only joined GtG in order to enter the contest,then you might be right. But to GtG there is more than just the contest,there are great people here,all the forums are full of info and lots of unpaid volunters to sort out your or other peoples computerproblem. So before you write of this great site,dig a bit further

As for the contest,it's still open.Just click on the link,scroll down to the part where you see the E-Mail and the comment box, fill everything in and you're ready to go!

Cheers and good luck
zorba

Quote:Hi Bumblefoot and welcome to GtG...

Hi Zorba, and thanks for the welcome, and explanation on the contest(s). I'm sure there are many great people, and far more knowledgable than I. The opportunity to continue the path of the infinite learning curve is the reason I joined, and misunderstood the contest(s). My apologies for such. I have reasons/excuses for jumping to conclusions, such as overtired, grouchy and stressed out to name a few. Just found the place yesterday, so I shall take your advice and dig, and learn, and most likely post issues of my own. If I have experienced problems and solved them, and I see someone who needs help, I'll be most glad to put 21 years of computer experience to good use.

Cheers and good luck to you as well!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE: That’s not the right contest….The contest that is closed is the external hard drive bundle giveaway, not the 6 grand hp magic giveaway. Please feel free to enter the magic giveaway if you would like, and don’t be so quick to bad mouth the site because you didn’t follow the directions.

Mr. BHowett, thank you also for informing me about the contest(s). There is a difference to not following directions, than not understanding the directions. I just got here. Go easy on the newbie. Interesting "edit"-ing with 'play on words'. So much to learn, so little grey matter. Being "PC" is something I've never done. Please bear with me as I stumble around on unknown turf.

Bumblefoot

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
No worries, enjoy the site and have fun :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
such as overtired, grouchy and stressed out

HeHeHe Welcome to the club :)

See you around
Cheers
zorba