Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot clean up my computer

• Please log in to reply

blueskieswoman

blueskieswoman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hello g2g!

I have Webroot Antivirus & Firewall; I run SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, and Malwarebytes.

Yesterday, my computer froze. It continues to freeze up. I tried to run Spybot S&D & it froze. I tried to run Malwarebytes & it froze.

No rhyme or reason - it may freeze before I finish typing this.

The only way to get it going again is to turn it off completely, then turn it on again.

Spybot seems to hang on virtumonde.dll I even tried starting in safe mode to run Spybot S&D, but it hung on virtumonde.dll again.

The last time I ran it, I tried to remove parts of ask.com still hanging on in the registry but only one was removed of the two found.

Any suggestions? What do you think I should do next to try to fix this?

am running HP laptop w/Vista 32, Windows Home Premium. Am really good at keeping everything updated.

:)

Edited by blueskieswoman, 07 December 2008 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements