Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Account locked out

• Please log in to reply

ehstraub

ehstraub

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hey, my account keeps getting locked out. I know it is supposed to happen when someone tries a wrong password too many times, but mine keeps getting locked out when i know for a fact no one is trying to hack in. any thoughts?
thanks
-erik

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What do you mean by "my account keeps getting locked out"?
What exactly happens?

ehstraub

ehstraub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
like i will be on the welcome screen, i will type in the right password or swipe my finger, and an error message will come up saying the account is locked out. so i have to restart go to admin, and unlock it through managing my computer. by going to user accounts, properties then unclicking lock account.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I still don't understand.
You start the computer, and it says, the account is locked out, but when you restart, it's not locked out anymore, and you can access Control Panel, and Admin tools?

ehstraub

ehstraub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
No, like i always use my account, Erik. and so i will switch users when i walk away and sometimes when i get back i will try and login and it will say locked out. then i have to restart and it comes up to the administrator acct. and through there i access computer managment. and unlcock it.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try to create new profile: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151, and see, if same thing will happen.