Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 - weird offline issue

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Ok so I have come across a weird issue that I have never seen before, but I think I know why it happened, I just don't know how to fix it.

I recently attempted to deploy Microsoft Exchange Server for use solely with contact lists and calendars. I tried it out on two machines on the network to see how it would behave. I soon learned that when trying to run Outlook with two different types of accounts, in this case an Exchange Server account and a POP3 account, that Exchange Server would always make itself the default email account. This would in turn create a world of headaches when the user attempted to send regular email using her pop3 account and Exchange Server would try to take over all email sending jobs.

To fix the situation, I deleted the Exchange Server account and left her with her standard POP3 account. But ever since then, Outlook keeps saying that it is working offline. The thing is, when she clicks the send and receive button, everything in her outbox sends like it should and she receives mail just fine. The real problem with Outlook saying it's offline is that when she goes to send a new email, it just hangs up in her outbox and doesn't auto send like it is set to do. It won't actually send the email until she clicks the send and receive button. I have double checked all of the settings, and have done a detect and repair on her Office products to no avail. I can't get the problem fixed. Anybody have any other ideas for things I can check?

Advertisements

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
so i guess you all are stumped as well hunh?
I think I am just going to save the data file, uninstall the program and then reinstall it and import the data she needs back into the program.

Edited by RjBass, 09 December 2008 - 11:30 AM.