Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Project

• Please log in to reply

missyu

missyu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys - really need your help!
My netbook doesn't have a cd-rom driver and I need to install ms project. I got the instructions from my friends and I'm supposed to use command prompt and do the setup from the cd. Since i don't have a driver, I am having problems installing this software. I am trying to specofy the path in the command prompt but it keeps on telling me that my command is not recognized. I typed in the entire path and still nothing.How can I install a program from a folder that's not located on a cd???

Thank you.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
in order for you to run the commands, it needs to access the cd rom. Since your notebook doesn't have a cd rom... You out of luck. Depending on the make / model of your netbook, it may not even have the resources to run the software.

missyu

missyu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

in order for you to run the commands, it needs to access the cd rom. Since your notebook doesn't have a cd rom... You out of luck. Depending on the make / model of your netbook, it may not even have the resources to run the software.

Thank you. I have to dig deeper - maybe there's a way to re-code the program? Or maybe my best bet would be to get an external cd-rom drive. I thought there were more options out there. :S

Thank you though!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
question....why are you needing to issue commands from the command prompt to install project? even if you had a CDROM you wouldn't need to do that to install project..

where did you get the copy of project that you're trying to install?