Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi all! i don't know if this is the right place but......

• Please log in to reply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello Clare!

You did great in the Malware forum... congratulations! I'm very impressed with how you're handling all of this. Keep it up!

I'm at work right now so I can't really get into long dialog. I'm planning on reviewing your malware thread a little more when I get home.

In the meantime, can you run and attach a current HJT log to this thread. Please don't copy and paste the log here... just attach the file so I can download it.

Also, as Emerald recommended, please download and install Firefox 3. After you do, see if it has any problems accessing the websites you're having problems with. We will be changing some of Firefox's default settings, but that can wait for later. We just need to know if you can access the sites you're having problems with.

I'll get back to this thread later today.

Thanks!

Advertisements

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
:) aww thanks malaki, i thought i'd need a bit more instruction but like i said i'm quite computer literate but i'm thankful i understood more than i thought i would and i'm happy to have a computer with no bad trojans and stuff in it! right you want a hijack this log right i will be back with one in a minute! :)

Edited by lilac_sim, 17 December 2008 - 02:38 PM.

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
hi right if i read your mail right you want a hijack log first then we will decide to do a firefox yes?

Attached Files

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Thanks for the log!

<snip>... then we will decide to do a firefox yes?

No, go ahead and download and install Firefox. After you have it installed, we will configure it so it's more secure.

In the meantime, I'll go over the log to see if I can see any problems with what might be happening with your IE.

EDITED...

Can you do me a favor... I also want to see the StartupList log from HJT
Open HJT, click on Config, then click on Misc Tools. Put check marks in the two boxes, then click on Generate StartupList log... attach the log so I can download it.

Edited by makai, 17 December 2008 - 04:29 PM.

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
:) ok thanks for the help i used the hijack link in your signitures area! well here are both from this hijack too just incase and do you know how big the file from firefox ? as my browser works by the mb's! and if it is really big i may need to get more credit for my internet (and yes i have one of those usb internet things before you ask! :) ) Thanks clarexx ok i just found out i can upload the start up log but it wont let me do the other so heres the start up one nyway and i'm not sure because its registry but it doesnt look too good does it? :)

Attached Files

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Thanks for the log. I won't need anymore of them.

<snip>... and if it is really big i may need to get more credit for my internet (and yes i have one of those usb internet things before you ask!)

I'm not sure what this means. Do you have a limited internet account?

Firefox3 is ~ 7.16 megabytes.

I looked over some things on you HJT list. You have a lot of junk running. "Junk" meaning things that don't have to run as you can start them up when you use them. Also things that are not really needed... like toolbars. I don't know why people insist on using Yahoo and Google toolbars. However, I guess if you use them all the time, then it's ok. However, sometimes programs will just download and install toolbars without user consent and then all of a sudden you notice something different about IE. Some toolbars will block websites too, so we have to look at that.

Can you tell me what these items relate to...

C:\Program Files\3\3Connect\Wilog.exe
C:\Program Files\3\3Connect\AutoUpdateSrv.exe

Do you know what program you installed that relates to those two items above. I looked up 3Connect on Google, but there were so many hits, I couldn't tell what program it actually belongs to... unless it has something to do with your internet access.

Also, please go to Start>run... copy and paste the following in the box> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, c:\Program files ... then click OK. Look for a folder named "3", right-click on it, and choose Properties. Can you tell me how big it is in megabytes?

As I stated, according to your HJT logs, there are a lot of things I feel you don't need. We can go through them one-by-one if neccessary and disable those things you don't use. We'll get to that.

Edited by makai, 17 December 2008 - 06:50 PM.

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
if these folders are all connected to 3 then dont worry that is my internet provider! And if firefox is only 7 mbs then that is ok and i work on a pay as you go basis with my internet so it is better for me! Ok i will download it then come back to you thank you again! :) :)

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
hi maliki haven't downloaded the firefox yet as i have been sooo busy with christmas and as i have 3 girls! Then i'm super busy! :) But i may get time to do it today! Thanks for the help so far.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
No problem! Merry Christmas!

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
thanks makai ,merry christmas to you to and hope you have had a good day today ! i will get back to the fixing now its over!!! :)

Advertisements