Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Scroll Bar

• Please log in to reply

ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just ran into this problem the other day and I am not sure where the root of the problem is. I don't know if it's a virus or something I downloaded or what but I am having trouble finding any answers so here we go.

When I start up my computer everything works fine, however after awhile of using the internet (safe sites) and looking through some of the files I have on my computer. My web browser page shrinks to it's smallest size. I attempt to hold Control and scale it up with the mouse but it will not let me. also any windows I open with a scroll bar on them all scroll down, will not let me scroll up! I have currently installed AVG free, Spybot, Zone Alarm Pro, and Ad Aware. I ran virus checks using these programs on all of my drives and they found nothing. I then Installed Spyware Doctor (good program) and ran it but still nothing. I even went as far as restoring from an image I had using acronis and the problem still exists. Tonight I am going to test a different mouse and keyboard to determine wheather it is a hardware issue or not. The keyboard and Mouse I am using is logitech wireless laser. Please if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I have so many programs I do not want to have to wipe out and start over.

Thanks,

ICEMANhalo96

Ok I checked the hardware part of this issue and it is working fine, so I still have not made any progress solving this. It looks like if I don't find and answer soon I will be reinstalling on the weekend.

Edited by ICEMANhalo96, 09 December 2008 - 09:05 AM.

Advertisements