Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RESOLUTION PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

arod718

arod718

• Pip
  • 2 posts
WHEN I TURNED MY COMPUTER ON THE RESOLUTION WAS A LITTLE FUNNY SO I CHECKED IN THE DISPLAY SECTION AND NOTICED THAT MY ONLY OPTIONS ARE 800X600 SCREEN RESOLUTION AND COLOR QUALITY IS 4 BIT (LOWEST). WONDERING IF MY VIDEO CARD MALFUNCTIONED.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could be a video card or a corrupt driver for it. Check Device Manager and see if it reports any problems (Yellow/Red flags). Might check the manufacturer's site and see if there is a driver update anyway. Any changes need to be done with Admin privileges.

Have you installed any new software, received any new Windows updates, etc., before problem started? Tried a System Restore back to a date where all was working?

arod718

arod718

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'VE TRIED ALL THE RECOMMENDED SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE A SPARE VIDEO CARD SOMEWHERE, I'LL GIVE THAT A TRY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, you didn't answer any of my questions so I guess I'll let you lead on with the video card swap and wait for results from you.