Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading To Vista

• Please log in to reply

Prominia

Prominia

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I have a school project that asks "Why should our school upgrade to windows Vista, and Why it should not"

Any information would be appreciated
Thanks

Advertisements

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Try this, it will give you pretty much all of the information you need.

You are a big boy/girl you shouldn't ask other people to do your homework for you.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Well, why should your school upgrade to Windows Vista?

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I know i can do my own research but i need reliable sources I emailed Microsoft and got great information from them. I am getting as much information as possible you can never have too much to write a paper. I wanted peoples input as well. I need to do both sides of the argument. I was just looking for reliable sources and i consider this website to be pretty reliable but some people here mistake information needed for doing work for me.
keithr128 if you read my post it says information not do my homework for me

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Vista has excelent parental controls.
  • XP is not going to be supported by Microsoft in the future.
  • Vista has an excelent search feature.
  • ETc...

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
http://www.geekstogo...XP-t219764.html

http://www.microsoft...-xp/future.aspx

Have a read.
There are a few other topics around here that have other peoples opinions and experiences with Vista.

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I appreaciate the help thanks this will really come in handy. It seems to me the best reason to upgrade would be its increased security and as hfcg said it wont be supported by Microsoft in the future. Just out of curiosity when Microsoft was beta testing wasn't it called longhorn?
When i emailed Microsoft this is what they wrote back in case you were interested:

I understand that you would like to obtain information for your project regarding advantage of upgrading your school computers to Windows Vista. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

Microsoft Windows Vista introduces breakthrough computing experiences that are both visually exciting and intuitively designed, and will positively change the ways in which we use our computers. We can more efficiently organize and find information. The best thing about Windows Vista is its new interface

Windows Vista contains many changes and new features, including an updated graphical user interface and visual style dubbed Windows Aero, improved searching features, new multimedia creation tools such as Windows DVD Maker, and redesigned networking, audio, print, and display sub-systems.

Vista also aims to increase the level of communication between machines on a home network, using peer-to-peer technology to simplify sharing files and digital media between computers and devices.

Some of the key features that are included in Windows Vista are:

• Search & Organization

• Parental Controls

• Movie maker burning DVDs

• Schedule Backup

• Shadow Copy

• Bitlocker

• Data Protection

• Built-in Diagnostics

• Mobility

For more information on “Why to upgrade to Windows Vista” please visit the web link below:

http://www.microsoft...00-reasons.aspx

For more information on different versions of Windows Vista and its feature and functionalities please visit the web link below:

http://www.microsoft...v...d=2&catid=1

I hope above information is helpful. As you are our valuable customer we are always there to provide you the best quality service we can. Meeting and exceeding your expectations are my top priorities.