Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help ! I have also fallen victim to the Spyware Guard 2008 fake. P

• Please log in to reply

Victoria Marie

Victoria Marie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
~ Help please !!!! ~ It seems something called Spyware Guard 2008 is infecting my laptop!!! I was simply studying/ working on my rather slow & older model laptop ...when suddenly a Spyware Guard popped up & continues to do so over & over. For me this is rather annoying & time consuming as well as costly . You see, I'm a F/t College student online & I also run several businesses from my home office via online. I haven't removed or uninstalled anything as of yet. This has all happened within a few hrs ...so far all I have managed to do is look up " how to remove Spyware Guard from your PC" and I came across your website. I read the most recent complaints and sadly they sound similar to my nightmare so far. I read the section on what to do before sending a " Hijack This log " and I have followed the other suggestions on what to do next. I downloaded those recommendations ( ATF Cleaner etc.) and I did run the Hijack This " and have the log ready if you need it. I have also downloaded a Free Kaspersky virus scan but as of yet haven't scanned my laptop . I'll wait till you reply back before I attempt to do anything further. I've read your replies and was very impressed w/ your knowledge & advice . I feel I'm in excellent hands & I'll be patiently waiting for my Knight in shining " Geeks 2 Go :help: " to rescue me & my sadly run down laptop. Thank you for you time & understanding ~ Victoria ~ :) :) :) :) :wave: :) :)

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello Victoria Marie

Welcome to G2Go. :)
=====================

• Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)