Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scanner and Camera wizard not working

• Please log in to reply

snapsparkchik

snapsparkchik

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi all,

I think my Microsoft camera and scanner wizard is corrupted. I have a Canon Powershot A630 that until last night was working fine with the wizard. However, now when I plug it in to my laptop via USB 1 of 3 things happens:

1 -- the wizard pops up but when you click on the scanner/camera wizard it says "Camera not found"
2 -- the window where the wizard normally is pops up but is empty
3 -- nothing happens when I connect the camera.

I have tried the camera on a few other computers and it is working normally, so that is why I think it is a problem on my laptop. I do hear the normal chime when I plug the camera in to my laptop via USB but if I open My Computer I don't see it listed. Also, the connected light on my camera that usually blinks will blink for a couple of seconds and then stop. It's like my laptop doesn't recognize the camera.

Do I need to reinstall the autoplay? I'm not sure how to go about that.

I am on a HP Pavilion dv6000, Win XP Media Center 2002 Edition. Thank you for your help!

Advertisements

snapsparkchik

snapsparkchik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OK, well I guess no one can help me...but just to document it in case any one stumbles across this topic it got deleted by using ATF-cleaner which I know this site suggests using. I think the program mistook some of my registry keys for the scanner/camera wizard as extraneous. I am trying to manually re-add the keys into my registry.