Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want to start without explorer

• Please log in to reply

warzinak

warzinak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello ther geekstogo forum!
I have a little question...im not sure if its posible..
I want to make a acount on my computer that only runs my Virus program...nothing else...no explorer or anything (i can run anything from task manager)
what i do for the moment is just quikly ctrl alt delete when my computer starts and cancle explorer which cancles other stupid programs and slowdowns from starting....(my comp is crammed full of stuff and dont have the time to clean it atm..and only really use it for firefox...besides i can always use xplorer2 which i find alot better)
i can keep doing that but if thers a way to do what im asking..please let me know
(can i do it in msconfig.exe...im scared to mess my computer up by doing something wrong tho)
thanks!

David-

Edited by warzinak, 10 December 2008 - 12:04 PM.

Advertisements

Your Troubleshooter

Your Troubleshooter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi David,

I think Explorer is one of the core component for Windows and many other applications depend on Explorer. I wish you could elaborate a little about the real issue that you are facing.

Thanx

warzinak

warzinak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ah i just wanted my computer to boot without explorer....
nevermind its not that big of a problem...il just end explorer task before my comp loads
i usualy just end explorer becuase it slows down my comp..and i can do most things without the explorer anyway in task manager by press New Task....
what i usualy do when i start my comp is....log in..than instantly end explorer task...than i open up firefox from the new task option..and if i NEED NEED to use explorer il just load it up with the new task option....than close it again...
but i can open most things with new task..and for browsing i usualy just use xpolorer2 anyway...

come to think of it..i should just switch from Windows to something else

Edited by warzinak, 10 December 2008 - 01:11 PM.