Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard replacement

• Please log in to reply

bbdill

bbdill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a compaq that the motherboard went dead on. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get a replacement?
The original is an A8M2N LA with only two RAM slots. I have looked at other motherboards but none have all of the different headers I need for Memory card slots and USB expansions slots. So I am actually looking to get an original replacement at a reasonable price hopefully.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't, it's unique to Compaq. It's not available anywhere else bar eBay with the usual "buyer beware" warnings.

What headers are you after specifically? Most card readers simply plug into standard USB take-offs on the board, though a lot of branded ones are known to use unique connectors to fit only the original board they're attached to.