Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how Do I get system Restore to work

• Please log in to reply

el_jack

el_jack

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Last night windows did an update and this afternoon I opened fl studio only to find that all my recorded projects were gone. I then went to system restore to bring the computer back to a point before the update. Everything looked as though it was going according to designed until I logged back in after the reboot. The message stated it could not restore the point I selected. So I tried several other points. They didn't work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thanks

p.s I don't have any viruses. I had one in the past. Installed is norton internet security and system works.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
System Restore won't bring any missing personal files. System Restore deals only with system (Windows) files.

matofthemint

matofthemint

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Have you tried System Restore in Safe Mode?
I've had this problem on two computers; Safe Mode worked on one but not the other. I found that SuperAntiSpyware has a repair function which includes a repair for System Restore. I used that and have had no problems since. It's free so no loss if you give it a try and it doesn't work, and you can delete it if you don't want to keep it.