Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IIS 7.0 ODBC Drivers in Vista x64

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I am in Windows Vista x64 and trying to run the IIS for a personal website. I use Access Databases with ASP coding and Visual Basic, and it uses a DSN-Less Connection. I have done this before, and had no problem, but after re-formatting my machine, and re-installing the software, I am at another problem. I am getting an error when I run the same code I used before on the same system and build. I've checked all the read/write permissions, and find no conflict.

When I open the Administration tools and check the ODBC to check the settings, the drivers appear to be there, but when I click to configure them I get:

"The Setup Routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC Driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver."

"Errors Found: Component not found in the registry"

After checking the other drivers all have the same issue, I am still lost from the Help topics I found on google. How should I go about installing the drivers again? Thanks!

-Matt

Oh, and the error was:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/Default.asp, line 15

and permissions were not the issue. Thanks!

Edited by Immortalarena, 10 December 2008 - 06:22 PM.

Advertisements