Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing or corrupt files

• Please log in to reply

shellyisnothere

shellyisnothere

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok a couple months ago I went on vacation and when I came back my computer wouldn't start. I guessed it was my power supply, which it was. I got a new one last week and now my computer starts but a message came up saying that system32\drivers\isapnp.sys was missing or corrupt. I looked on line how to fix it and I think I did but, then this came up... system32\drivers\ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt.

I tried to fix it(I got the instructions from the Microsoft web site) but none of the things worked.
So I decided to repair windows. Everything was going great until it restarted.
My computer will turn on and load up to the black windows thing(I don't know what that's called sorry) and then a blue screen comes up saying setup is being restarted, then it restarts my computer. I thought maybe that it needs to do this so I sat there and let it do its thing for about five minutes but, nothing else happen.

I have no idea what to do, I don't want to reformat my computer or take it to a computer shop if its something I can fix myself. So does anyone know what I should do? I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Advertisements