Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webshots desktop install error

• Please log in to reply

dyeager535

dyeager535

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi!

Here is the problem: try to install webshots desktop, and I get this error after going through part of the install: "function 'WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId' not found"

I did a search, couldn't find anything that really tells me what that error is.

Anyone help? I'd like to get it installed, it sure makes it easy for us that are broke to upload photos. :)

Thank You!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Info on function 'WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId'.

Any chance you didn't run the installer as Admin, but as Guest? Not that familiar with Win 2K. Best suggestion at this time is to do an uninstall/reinstall of Webshots Desktop. I have had good success getting some support with problems from them: Contact Customer Support

These are the only Webshots Desktop FAQs I could find. Index of Webshots Help. I sent Feedback about my problems which may get you better response.

dyeager535

dyeager535

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply!

Nope, ran the install as admin. Had the same problem earlier, tried wiping it from the system and starting over, but same. Pretty fresh install of win2k as well, so I don't have a TON of stuff running in the background.

I tried webshots help, but I don't have any money for premium, so apparently you can't get real help. :) I just wish they'd run a forum like this there.

I was going to try feedback, but it states "NOTE: We do not respond to individual submissions.
For a direct response to questions or problems please visit our tech support." so I figured I'd get no help from there.

May have to try that route though, management is so much easier with the desktop software.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I don't have Premium account either, but I laid it on the line about problems with the Desktop and downloading images. They responded so don't always go by what they say on the site. Any chance your Windows Installer is outdated? Just a stab in the dark. :)

dyeager535

dyeager535

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, it won't hurt to try!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Please post back if they come up with a solution. Just because I don't have an answer, there are lots of other techs I could ask to look at your post. Good luck.