Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software to find out what is causing Windows XP to crash?

• Please log in to reply

olimits7

olimits7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a software that can help find out what is causing my Windows XP to crash??

Everytime I right-click on "My Computer" or "Taskbar" my computer freezes. I don't know what software or file is causing this conflict to happen; so I would like to see if there is something I can use to help me figure out what is causing this issue.

Thank you,

olimits7

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Did this just happen? Most likely either a software install or upgrade install caused this. On a customer computer a repair install was to only way to fix a compaq computer when a SP3 install was done.

Have you tried doing a restore to the "LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION", in the accessorys/system tools folder?

SRX660