Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

OE6 (on a W98 pc) has gone bad

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I cannot view my SENT folder. -- When I try I get the message, "Folder could not be displayed. Possible causes are: low disk space, and low memory."
Moreover, I cannot send any new messages.

FWIW, I do have (too) many saved messges (~1500) in my Sent folder and another 2000 in my Deleted folder). I will certainly erase these once I am up and running again.

Can someone please suggest how I can recover? Thank you.

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi again wdc202,

Seems like you're having a bad week with OE. :)
If you don't care about saving the messages in the Sent Items and Deleted Items, you can just delete the DBX files for those folders in the OE Message Store.
On XP it's located at C:\Documents and Settings\{Username}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID NUMBER}\Microsoft\Outlook Express. I think it was the same on 98.
Or just do a Search for Sent Items.dbx to locate the Message Store.
Make sure OE is closed before doing anything in the Message Store folder.
Once you open the Store folder, delete the Sent Items.dbx and also the Deleted Items.dbx.
New ones will be generated when you next open OE.

T. :)