Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiboot Operating Systems XP and NT

• Please log in to reply

Hakiim8

Hakiim8

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) :) My nemesis has created a living nightmare for me. He stole every CD\DVD discs that I owned and changed my computer from FAT32 to a FAT32 with NTAuthority appear to administrate my computer from another location or locations. My nemesis has been out to destroy me from the time he moved in my apartment right now I am working with WindowsXP and my desktop and taskbar is missing. I just downloaded this XP a short while ago. I seems every application I run he can affect. Example run AVG and AVG changes it appearance right in front of my face. Same with Network Magic and Internet Explorer 8 beta and Mozilla and etc. (the rest of my applications). I would like to get rid of NT and Xerox when I try to delete the folders it says someone else is using cannot delete. So, I say in desperation help, help and help !!!!One other thing, when I go to taskmaster and end a process like svchost.exe I get an error message that says, NTAuthority/ System will shutdown in 60 seconds. How can I disconnect this other OS or OSs so that my firewall and every other security application I have will work and that I can have some privacy on the Internet.
Hakiim8

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
step #1....get rid of your room mate....i doubt your computer is the only thing he's messing with (buy a new toothbrush TODAY and keep it with you everywhere you go.....that's usually the first victim in a room mate dispute...and toilet water laden toothbrushes aren't good)

Step #2.... what kind of computer is it? make/model/age? do you have ANY of the system disks? can you get them back from the dude?

Step #3....get some locks for your door

Step #4...contact your local law enforcement agency and see if they have any recourse against this guy...you may be able to get him forcefully evicted from your apartment based on your circumstances

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Because most, if not all, of these symptoms can be caused by malware, I would suggest you start by letting our experts have a look at the problem first off.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
You can only run one OS at a time. Some of the scenarios you describe seem highly unlikely, if not impossible.

I would like to get rid of NT and Xerox when I try to delete the folders it says someone else is using cannot delete. So, I say in desperation help, help and help !!!!One other thing, when I go to taskmaster and end a process like svchost.exe I get an error message that says, NTAuthority/ System will shutdown in 60 seconds.

NT and Xerox are valid system folders. You cannot delete them. Just as you can not stop all svchost.exe processes. You're computer is shutting down because you're stopping the svchost attached to Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. You simply can't do that.