Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Update: Problem Solved! (Yahoo! Search Returns Only results fr

• Please log in to reply

trudyallen

trudyallen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you very much for making available the self-help instructions and downloads to locate and remove malware. Following your instructions in sequence, I was able to identify three viruses (this took two different programs to id the three) and remove them. The malware removed was a Zango file of some sort, adware.180Solution (located in a registry key) and Rootkit.Agent (which was located in a sysaudio.sys file). A quick search using my test phrase "dyeing leather sofa" returned legitiate searches and no redirects to advertising sites.

I will continue to use geeks to go, and I will make a donation today. This is an invaluable service in many ways: not only was my problem solved, but also I learned by following the steps to removal.

Thank you again,

Trudy Allen
Jackson, MS

Text of original post follows below:

On only one of my computers, I am recently having a serious problem with Yahoo! seach and Google search. When I enter a search term on the affected computer, search results are returned only from advertising sites, such as findstuff.com, insights1.com. and others. I have run Cureit and only found zango, which was deleted. Can anyone advise what I might be infected with? To illustrate the problem, I've posted below the search results from Yahoo! for the seach terms dyeing leather sofa. The search terms were not in quotes. The result appears to be legit, but when you clik on it, it's just a compilation site, not really the article or material referenced. What is this and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you!

1 - 10 of 863,000 for dyeing leather sofa (About) - 0.27 s | SearchScanBETA On

SPONSOR RESULTSRoomstore Leather Sofas
Relax in the Lap of Leather Luxury. View the Latest Leather Furniture.
www.RoomStore.com
Leather Sofas
We Offer 2,500+ Leather Sofa Choices. Deals On leather sofas.

LeatherSofas.BizRate.comWEB RESULTSHow to Remove Dye From A Leather Sofa | eHow.com
How to article - how to remove dye from a leather sofa. Getting any stain off of leather is easy if you soak the spot with some saddle soap. Make sure you test a...
www.findstuff.com

How to Remove Shoe Dye From A Leather Sofa | eHow.com
How to article - how to remove shoe dye from a leather sofa. Removing any type of ink or dye from leather can be tricky so that you do not cause discoloration of the...
www.insights1.com

Leather Dyeing How To: leather paint, dyeing leather, dying leather ...
Leather dyes for top coat and aniline leather dyeing. Leather and vinyl ... For a large area or complete sofa, you will need an air compressor and spray gun ...
best-products-here.com - Cached

leather repair kit, vinyl repair kit, leather cleaner, leather cleaning ...
Leather dyes for top coat and aniline leather dyeing. Leather and vinyl repair kit and product. ... Our leather dye & vinyl dye color system allows you to be ...
insights1.com - 59k - Cached

UptownLeather.com - Custom Furniture, Leather Furniture, Leather Sofa ...
Leather Furniture at Uptown Leather is your complete source for leather sofas, loveseats, chairs, sectionals, and ... is the type of dye used to give the ...
americanmodernliving.com - Cached

Leather Furniture Repair - Minneapolis - Saint Paul
Mobile Leather Repair, Cleaning and Re-Dyeing. Serving the Greater Minneapolis - Saint Paul Area ... leather or vinyl sofa, love seat, ottoman, table or chair, ...
www.your5choices.com - Cached

leather dye
i want to dye my leather sofa set from light tan to darker tan. IS IT POSSIBLE ... Nov 17, 2008 leather dye. Nov 14, 2008 Direct dyes. May 01, 2008 Buy Direct Blue 85 ...
www.genialfinder.com - Cached

Leather :: Sofaweb.com,wholesaler, Leather Furniture, Leather sofas ...
leather, high quality furniture wholesaler ... they're converted to leather and the method used to dye the hides all contribute ...
www.wylieleatherworks.com - Cached
LEATHERIQUE Press Release 1
... dye is worn away, call about our simple to use Leatherique Leather Dyes. ... Then re-staple the dust cover and return the leather sofa to it's upright position. ...
www.online-auctiontips.com - Cached
Speaking Leather
Dyeing. The application of color either by spraying, hand rubbing or immersion. Embossing ... texture add an extra dimension of comfort to your sofa or chair. ...
www.fittingdeals.com - Cached
SPONSOR RESULTSLeather Sofas for Less
Upgrade Your Room with a Luxurious Leather Sofa. Many Styles & Colors.
www.Calibex.com
Leather Sofas
Final Clearance Days Are Here… Save 45-65% Off + Tax Free Shopping.
www.MaxFurniture.com1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >SPONSOR RESULTS
Leather Sofas for Less
Upgrade Your Room with a Luxurious Leather Sofa. Many Styles & Colors.
www.Calibex.comLeather Sofas
Final Clearance Days Are Here… Save 45-65% Off + Tax Free Shopping.
www.MaxFurniture.comGet a Sectional Sofa for Only $999.99
Choose the Andreus Sectional or any of our modern sofas. Ships Free.
www.modabode.comLeather Sofa
Leather sofa Online. Shop Target.com.
www.Target.comLocal La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
See La-Z-Boy products and find La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries near you.
www.la-z-boy.com/galleriesA Leather Sofa
Compare Prices on Great Merchandise this Holiday Season.
www.SHOP.com/holidaysSee your message here...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yahoo!© 2008 Yahoo! Privacy / Legal - Submit Your SiteSearchScanBETA displays McAfee alerts optimal for the Yahoo! Search user and does not include all McAfee SiteAdvisor red ratings.

Edited by trudyallen, 13 December 2008 - 06:19 AM.

Advertisements