Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ms outlook on home network

• Please log in to reply

brave paw

brave paw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just set up a hard wired (through the mains) network and both pc's can share the internet, files, pictures and video's etc.

When I open outlook email on the main pc (attached to the router) which I use most of the time everything appears to be fine, but if I open the email on the other pc the historical email is not available. The reverse happens if I open email on the other pc, then the same email is not available on the main pc.

I would like to set up all family members with access to all their email in Outlook etc from both pc's

Regards :)

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Which version of Outlook are you running? Have you set both systems to see the same PST file? Without MS exchange, you probably cannot share the mail in outlook on two systems at the same time..

brave paw

brave paw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Mark,
I am using Office 2003, I don,t have MS Exchange and only one PC has the PST file

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Best thing I have found is to use Burrotechs OfficeMail Email server. Set this up on one PC and have it retrieve email, then set both PC's to get their email from OfficeMail.