Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Media Player crashing

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My laptop was running just fine and so was my WMP 11 until I upgraded my firefox to 3.0.4 version and upgraded my AV kaspersky to the new 2009 version.
a few days after these updates I noticed that my WMP would crash after a few seconds. Eventually the program would not open but just crash. I returned to version WMP 9 thinking this might solve my issues but it still didn't. I even retrograded to firefox 2 to no avail.
I am losing my mind right now. What should I do? What is driving my WMP to crash? I have tried looking at the Knowledge Base of Firefox again to no avail!
Now WMP can open but will simply crash once i select a song to be played!

Thankx in advance! Any help please!

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
IMHO, WMP is really crappy application. Did you try another player?