Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Up Error

• Please log in to reply

HereAndThere

HereAndThere

• Pip
  • 7 posts
no problem :)

Advertisements

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Nice job :)
What do you mean by "I still can’t figure is to remove the entry of symPCCheck in regedit".

Hi,

Sorry if it was misleading, I "quoted" the write-up from the other site. I have not gone to my regedit to see if the entry is still there or not, but the person who found the solution quoted that it was still there.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

hmm ok so ive een going throught THE EXACT SAME THING and samee here i cant seem to locate symPCCheck i think its becuase we both deleted the files instead of uninstalling. [if theres a difference] :)

What I did was to uninstall the Norton PC Check in Control Panel.... this was about 1½ months ago.
I then uninstalled shockwave with the "unwise uninstaller" and reinstalled it (unchecking the box for the norton pc check).
I even did a disk scan for error/ file fixing - and this also did not help.

Here at this site is a few other sollution that helped other people: (I do not know if I am allowed to post links that provide backlinks to other sites, so preface with http://www.)
seasonsecurity.com/cant-get-rid-of-norton-pc-checkup-49920

Edited by Jnita, 29 December 2008 - 12:39 AM.

HereAndThere

HereAndThere

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ooohhkayy..so ets start from scratch idk if you already did this but i started of by deleting the Norton PC checkup stub files.. My computer>local disk>windows>system32>adobe> Shockwave 11> and deleting the fallowing files....
gt.exe,
gt.msi,
gi.dll,
gtapi.dll,
SYMCCHECKER.DLL,
pccuapi.DLL,
symcheckupstub.exe

after that i uninstalled the whole shockwave but i havent re-installed yet.
But since tthe pop-up comes right when you start up the computer theres obviously some sort of scan that was supposed to be prosessed which never started. ill into that and get back to you if i get anything. =)

Edited by HereAndThere, 29 December 2008 - 12:58 AM.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
if you have/haven't reinstalled shockwave, its is fine, i know you would have unchecked the box for norton, if you did - LOL

Then try the regedit portion, I hope it works for you.... as it did for me :-)

HereAndThere

HereAndThere

• Pip
  • 7 posts
lol yepp it totally did!