Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Making a Image/HDD Backup for a Windows XP Raid 0

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm trying to get a setup where every once and a while I can back up my files and completely start fresh without having to re-install games/software every time I format.

I'm running on a Raid 0 array currently with 2x 150gb raptor hard drives.

I've never made an image before, but I would love to try it out.

Thanks to all in advance!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.pcstats.c...t...=418&page=1 might be of interest. It talks about moving your installation to a bigger hard drive but the principles are the same. Effectively all you do is build a Windows installation, install what you need onto it, take a drive image and keep it safe. Then you copy off what you need, image it back and copy your stuff back.