Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

POSSIBLE?

• Please log in to reply

guitardude339

guitardude339

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Im wondering if it is possible to hook up an mp3 player to computer speakers. Im wonder if there are like battery powered speakers or a power supply that you could plug into. so i could play my music and let other people enjoy too. :tazz:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
absolutely possible! if your speakers have an external power supply, your good to go. if not, you might be able to get something for your current speakers, or buy a new set that does plug in for power.
you will want to plug the speaker input to the headphone out of your MP3 player.

depending on what your MP3 player is, there may be one of those fancier speaker kits that it can dock into, getting power and passing the sound out the USB port. some of those can be poor quality though, so read reviews before buying anything!
in fact, its always better to find something your interested in in a store, and actually listen to it.

check out the creative (makers of soundblaster) website, they have some interesting little sets that are designed to work with laptops, but will likely do the trick here as well.

guitardude339

guitardude339

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thx audio boy ill look into that creative website

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
let me know what you get, and how it sounds!