Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word 2002

• Please log in to reply

Mike Clark

Mike Clark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Word crashed and I went to reload and can't find my certificate numbers.

I Bought Works from Dell and loaded it on my new machine and put CDs in file holder and can't find my numbers to reload Word. Works reloaded O.K. but Word won't let me get past the the authentication screen. Word is on the same #1 CD as Works is.

Does anyone have any help? or place I can go to get help so I don't have to Repurchace Works or Word?

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
If you didn't try to reinstall you could have used Belarc Advisor found at http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html to give you the Product ID and the Product key you need. It's a cool program I'd download it anyway.

Edited to please the forum Police

forum - A public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

Also I am not a lawyer just a hacker/Programmer idealist dreamer so I can't tell you how Legal this is. :tazz: I'm assuming you have a right to the program since you bought it ... I'm also assuming you are telling the truth. ;)

Anyway I seldom use Word anyway check out Open Office or for a simple Word replacement try AbiWord. Perhaps it's not as pretty but it works for me.

hope this helps

StarHawk

Edited by StarHawk, 07 May 2005 - 12:11 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Starhawk:

It is not the position of this website to assist in illegal activities .. suggesting ways and means of getting a "crack" or "hacking" a program is wrong..

You have way to many "assumptions".. and all that will do is make an "[bleep]" out of "u" and "me" or, in this case, him..

Mike:

Have you ever thought about contacting Dell and getting the Key Code from them?? If you are indeed the owner, that can be proven and they should give you the Key Code!!

Murray