Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PDA bluetooth remote desktop for macbook

• Please log in to reply

neo5drumer

neo5drumer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,
I happen to have a Windows Mobile PDA and a Macbook with Leopard. I'm a musician, percussionist, and I'd be interested in controlling my macbook through my PDA. I was looking for a software who could display the macbook desktop on the PDA. Everything via bluetooth, if possible.
Thank you very much indeed for your help!
neo

Advertisements

macmaxbh

macmaxbh

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
If you can find any VNC viewer/client for Windows Mobile, then you can view/control your MacBook from your PDA, although it'd have to be via a network connection. I'm not familiar with Windows Mobile so I can't guide you any better than a Google search could (although if you find a VNC viewer/client I can help you configure your MacBook).

You may also be able to use a program like LogMeIn (over the Internet), I frankly don't know. Somebody with more experience should chime in here.

If you need to use Bluetooth, there are also remote-control tools like Salling Clicker, except Salling Clicker doesn't display your desktop, but it may be useful depending on what you want to do remotely.

Edited by macmaxbh, 19 December 2008 - 02:18 PM.