Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c:\windows\system32\kolojebe.dll is not a valid windows

• Please log in to reply

AJAYPAT66

AJAYPAT66

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had super antispyware scan the entire computer, it found some infections, cleaned them up. After re-booting I get the error message "c:\windows\system32\kolojebe.dll is not a valid windows image" and as the computer is booting up more of the same error message comes up with the EXE file on top of the warning. EG "nerocheck.exe - bad image" and so on for several programs.
can anyone help me to remove this. Help much appreeciated, I am a novice when it comes to computers, so please try to explain as simply as possible. THX

Advertisements

AJAYPAT66

AJAYPAT66

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
While I was waiting for a response from HJT team for help, I downloaded Malware-bytes and scanned the computer, it found over 65 infections. I ran the clean up and re-booted. ALL INFECTIONS appear to be gone. Just as a check, the most common multiple infections showed up as "TROJAN.VUNDO.H" so then i downloaded VUNDOFIX just to make sure if I had other infections, the scan came clean.

Thank goodness no more error messages. Thamnks malware-bytes and Vundo fix, you guys saved days of headaches and frustration.

I hope this solution helps many people.

Links to the 2 programs I used

Malware bytes

Vundo Fix