Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My dvd drives aren't detected :(

• Please log in to reply

Pepc619

Pepc619

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello I have a problem, after I restarted the computer my DVD drives NEC DVD RW ND-3540A and SONY DVD ROM DDU1611 aren't being detected in My computer.

Here Is the picture:
http://img176.images...mage=awwlf9.png

Tune Up Utillities also reports that these 2 drivers aren't working properly with the second one which I don't know what it is...
I tried auto updating them but It didn't find any drives.

I was searching for latest drivers for these 2 but I can't find them :)

Edited by Pepc619, 13 December 2008 - 06:39 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Pepc619...

Click Start, then Run, type regedit and click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1

Pepc619

Pepc619

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Guys I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you. Wannabe1 thanks anyway. I solved the problem by disabling all three drives in device manager and enabling them again. They showed up.

Wannabe1 thanks anyway again. I checked registry anyway. And Upperfilters and lowerfilters aren't listed.

Edited by Pepc619, 14 December 2008 - 06:57 AM.