Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd SATA Hard Drive not appearing!

• Please log in to reply

GarrettZ

GarrettZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm running Windows XP and I have 2 SATA Hard Drives...70GB and 200GB. I have installed XP onto the 70GB. When I goto "My Computer" only the 70GB Hard Drive is visible. The 200GB Hard Drive does appear in the BIOS and in the Device Manager, but I can't seem to have it appear in My Computer so that I can access it. Any suggestions?

-Garrett

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
have you formatted the disc yet?
right click my computer, go to manage. select disk management. the new drive will likely show up as unformatted. select it, and format to whatever your other disk is (probably NTFS).

GarrettZ

GarrettZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Haha oh man, I should've remembered to do that. Too many things on my mind right now. Thanks man!

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
no problem. happy to help out!

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
no Problems with jumpers right? Did you check them. I don't see it as being a formating error. It would show in the bios even if it's not formated. Plus, when I installed duel hd on my comp using sata...The second one appeared in xp, but I couldn't use it unless it's formated. Check you connections again. I don't think the formating is the problem. But in any case, you should check to see if windows does see te hd. Thanks, hope I can help

David