Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe error the memory could not be "written"

• Please log in to reply

WigoJ

WigoJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a very strange problem. Every time I start my computer svchost.exe crashes after about 5 minutes and I get an error message that says:
"Instruction on "0x66dd87d4" referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "written" " after the crash there is no sound so I cannot listen to mp3 files or hear youtube clips. If it helps I can mention that for some reason firefox won' t start until svchost.exe crashes, if I try to start it the process will shut itself down in under a second.

I have no idea what causes this, I have run virus scan, adware scan, malware scan and got the latest updates for windows though I found some infected files and removed them, but it still does not work!

Please help me
/WigoJ

Advertisements