Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dual Monitor issues - More confusion

• Please log in to reply

Akimb0

Akimb0

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Well I've got my PC hooked up to a 19" LCD, and my 32" LCD TV. What I'm trying to do is run Fallout 3 on the larger screen. After much faffing around I ended up with the following settings:

Clone Display ( Same on both screens )
1280x1024 resolution
Fallout 3 setting: Widescreen letterbox @ 1280x960 ( I think that's right )

Issue was that Fallout 3 was cutting off some of the image on the left of the screen. Setting widescreen mode sorted that but put ugly black widescreen bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I can deal with that, especially when it's on the 32" screen. However the issue here is, on the 32" screen, if I move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen, the whole thing scrolls ( Vertical only, no horizontal scrolling. ) This happens on the desktop or wherever I try. I'm not really sure if there's anything I can do about that. I tried fiddling with the options, to seperate the screens, but if I take it off clone, I lose the desktop on the other screen. Much confusion. Any light that people can shed on this would be great.

Advertisements