Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop log off

• Please log in to reply

Falconers

Falconers

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a wireless netwrok at my house and use two laptops on it, but i also have a desktop with a wired connection. For some reason when i try to log on to different sites on the desktop it kicks me out right away. My father had a wired connection running XP, mine runs this as well, and he has the same problem. Both computers are fairly old and the new computer that he has doesn't do this. I was wondering if anyone knows why this happens, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what sites are you kicked off of...

Falconers

Falconers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am being kicked off of my college online assignments as well as gmail.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
when you say "kicked off" do you mean you can connect but are then dropped or you can't even connect to them...

Falconers

Falconers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I can log in but as soon as i click on a link or icon it logs me off and says i must log in.