Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing toolbar

• Please log in to reply

srobison

srobison

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Ok by now I have been helped several times in the security forum, but they have sent me back here now. http://www.geekstogo...wn-t218744.html

I have done all the things asked there, but I still have the same problem, when I play lotro after I exit my toolbar freezes up for an undefinite amount of time. I also get sever freezes while shutting down. When I did my system file checker I got several errors about my disks being wrong, so I wasnt able to finish it.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

When I did my system file checker I got several errors about my disks being wrong, so I wasnt able to finish it.

It may be the culprit. What did it say about wrong disk?

srobison

srobison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
It said enter windows pro disk 2, but I have windows media center installed. So when I pressed retry it just did the same thing.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What actual disk did you use?
We may be encountering known Media Center issue.
To use sfc, you need to use CD, which has exact same Windows version on it, with exact same Service Pack as it's installed on your computer.
If your disk has plain Windows on it without any service pack, and your computer has SP2, for instance, installed, it won't work.
Normally, you should slipstream SP2 into Windows CD, and problem solved, but...Media Center CD won't allow any slipstreaming, and I'm not aware of any solution to this problem.