Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wow keeps making my comp freeze plz help!

• Please log in to reply

itsnick35

itsnick35

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I run WoW the icons (items talents skills etc.) come out as a colaboration of multicolored specs and or lines. To top off this problem after playing for an hour or so my comp restarts. I have everything on low and i could previously run wow on the highest graphics pre WoTLK. Im not sure whether its a virus or because i have too many programs on my comp. My friend told me it could either be a video or graphics card problem. Others have told me its the PSU.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it would help if you listed your computer specs.

Fatheed

Fatheed

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
As Starjax said, start by posting your system specs.

Other alternatives are checking to WoWEU or WowUS Tech Support forums themselves and also using the Repair.exe found in your WoW Installation directory which will check all files and re-download any damaged or corrupt files.

jgwhomepcrepair

jgwhomepcrepair

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What kind of video card you running? If your video card is bad or not big enough to run WOW you will have problems. Like the other two said. What are your system specs? You can go to www.computershopper.com/freesoftware and download Belarc Advisor. and that will tell you alot aboutyour computer system. Everything from what type of RAM you have to if you have any slots available, to your video card, motherboard, hard drive and everything else and give you specs on everything.

JGWHomePCRepair