Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MEMORY CLEANER

• Please log in to reply

snottoken

snottoken

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there people
ive been looking for a long time now to find a free ram cleaner or memory cleaner ive downloaded free cleaners but that as far as it goes there not free to use,my system is running low,any expert advise with out upgrading this side of christmas.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go.

We do not recommend registry cleaners, and I do not believe there is such a thing as a memory cleaner. At least I have not heard nor seen any.
The post HERE tells you why we do not recommend.

Anyways, what type of problems are you having?
How much ram (memory) do you have installed?
What size is the hard drive, and how much is free?
What is the manufacturer and model of the computer?
Laptop or desktop?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Memory cleaners are useless programs because what they do is purge stuff out of the memory that (apparently) isn't needed, including large chunks of Windows itself.
If the computer's low on memory, using a memory cleaner on it is kind of like trying to clean the coffee table with a dirty duster.