Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Area-51® m15x Review

• Please log in to reply

scottishfugee

scottishfugee

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi everyone im looking to get a new laptop and i was thinking of the alienware (Area-51® m15x ) with some upgrades.

please let me know what u think about this laptop (good,bad,indifrent)

Area-51® m15x

Design & Display: Silver Ripley Design
Display: 15.4" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD (720p) with Clearview Technology with Webcam
System Lighting: Alienware® AlienFX® System Lighting - Blue
Operating System: Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium - English
Graphics Processor : 512MB NVidia® GeForce® 8700M GT
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz (3MB Cache 800MHz FSB)
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 512MB
Turbo Cache Memory: Intel Turbo Cache Memory 1GB – Accelerate Data Transfer Speed
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 160GB 7200 RPM SATA with Free Fall Protection
Optical Drives: 8x Dual Layer Writer (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Sound Hardware: Intel® High-Definition Audio (24-bit, 192Khz) with surround sound
Keypad: Alienware® Exclusively Designed Non-Illuminated Keyboard - English
Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® Wireless 4965 a/b/g/Draft-N Mini-Card

Advertisements

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Alienwares are great computers, especially for gaming. Alienware adds in some of their own technology which makes the system overall better. The laptop you configured is very good, especially for a laptop. The only thing I recommend is upgrading to 2GB of memory if possible. Other than that, it looks great!

Cheers :)
ROIDO

Edited by =OSS*ROID=, 14 December 2008 - 07:56 PM.

scottishfugee

scottishfugee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ye i was gonna get it upgraded when it arrives i have 2gb from acer gemstone 5920g (not shore if it would fit) but if it didnt then i was gonna take to comp shop or do u think i should just get alienware to doit ? & do u think it would be worth going for 4gb ?

Edited by scottishfugee, 15 December 2008 - 08:55 AM.

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Let hem do it because they use a specific kind of ram that is optimized to work with their motherboards.

Cheers :)
ROIDO

scottishfugee

scottishfugee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
KK ill get them to upgrade it then :wave:
thx for the advice. Just i got an acer gemstone 5920g for my first laptop and it has melted 3 chargers in 12 months :) i havnt clocked the graphics and was using a notebook cooler for a while :)

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Jusy i got an acer gemstone 5920g for my first laptop and it has melted 3 chargers in 12 months

WOW :)

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

KK ill get them to upgrade it then :wave:
got an acer gemstone 5920g for my first laptop and it has melted 3 chargers in 12 months :)

Can you say LAWSUIT???? :)