Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware Monitor

• Please log in to reply

trickspot

trickspot

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Whenever I boot up my computer I get the message "Hardware Monitor found an error. Enter Power Setup menu for details." When I accessed the Power Setup menu, I found a screen which said Hardware Monitor, and this is what it said:
Posted Image
I don't know what to make of this, so could someone explain to me exactly what is wrong and what I should do? This has been going on for a while and I haven't really gave any thought to it until now.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Does the message say anything else?

trickspot

trickspot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just that it says to press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Sometimes when the mother board battery is to low it will force you to "continue by a key" or to "enter bios".
Is the main system clock keeping time?
What is the clock and date time in the bios?

You might want to replace the battery on the board. Its a round battery like a watch battery.

trickspot

trickspot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for the late reply, I finally got around to changing the battery, but that didn't solve the problem. Although, now I did find that in the hardware monitor screen, the Chassis Fan Speed value was red, so I'm guessing that's the problem, but now, I don't know which of the fans in my computer is the chassis fan. Below is a picture I took of the inside of my computer. I've found and numbered three fans, so if someone can help me distinguish which one is the chassis fan, it would be greatly appreciated:
Posted Image
Although the third fan I'm guessing is not the chassis, since I think it's connected to my hard drive.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Sorry for the late reply, I finally got around to changing the battery, but that didn't solve the problem. Although, now I did find that in the hardware monitor screen, the Chassis Fan Speed value was red, so I'm guessing that's the problem, but now, I don't know which of the fans in my computer is the chassis fan. Below is a picture I took of the inside of my computer. I've found and numbered three fans, so if someone can help me distinguish which one is the chassis fan, it would be greatly appreciated:
Posted Image
Although the third fan I'm guessing is not the chassis, since I think it's connected to my hard drive.

1 is the chasis fan
2 is the CPU fan
3 is your power supply aka PSU (the fan is there to cool the PSU).