Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to create brodband connection for Windows 98SE

• Please log in to reply

morog

morog

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
On my Desktop computer I have dual-boot -Windows 98SE connecting to Internet through internal Modem Intel 56K and XP Pro SP3, connecting to Internet in two ways- by ADSL connection and a/m Modem.
Service man from Provider company told me Broadband connection for 98SE can't be created, but later I discovered
this is possible to be done.
On my PCI have NIC D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.C) and router DSL-360R.
I wish to create broadband connection also for 98SE, but have no idea how to do it.
I need your help and tutorial how to create this connection.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If its Windows 98 and connected to a router or a source that dishes out IP addresses automatically, plug the network cable in. You may need to do Start -> Run -> WINIPCFG -> Release -> Renew as well. But that's all you need to do. Same works for Windows ME as well and Windows 95 if you add the extra functionality to it.

morog

morog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

If its Windows 98 and connected to a router or a source that dishes out IP addresses automatically, plug the network cable in. You may need to do Start -> Run -> WINIPCFG -> Release -> Renew as well. But that's all you need to do. Same works for Windows ME as well and Windows 95 if you add the extra functionality to it.

As I stated above, this is Windows 98SE-not 98.
Router DSL-360R is already connected to my PC and XP Pro SP3 has double possibility to connect to the Internet-
through ADSL (WAN Mniport PPPOE), or through Intel®536EP Modem.
To connect Windows 98SE to the Internet, I have only one possibility....through Intel®536EP Modem.
Since now didn't find any advice or tutorial how to create this connection using NIC and router.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
98SE and 98 are identical, except 98SE is the better variation. What I wrote is perfectly valid.

morog

morog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorted by installing Winpoet 2.5.
Working as a dream.