Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Matters to You?

• Please log in to reply

Texas Chick

Texas Chick

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I would have to say my family.

I grew up in a household where my dad loved his job more than family. Valued money over time. He still does too.
Since I grew up that way I knew what I never wanted. I never wanted a husband that worked all the time (ironic with me being military wife huh)I would rather do without a bunch of the luxuries like cable, internet, cells, etc..and have family around than have all that stuff but no family. To me things cant replace time with people you care about. I enjoy eating dinner together, having some sort of family night where we play games and so forth.

Advertisements

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
What matters most in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

If my memory is working right today.... thats a quote from Conan the Barbarian (1980's movie for those of you that might not know Conan) :)

Edited by BHowett, 05 August 2009 - 05:03 PM.
spelling

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Sorry dude, but I find you totally "Outta there". P-off.

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

What the...?

I take it you don't watch many movies, nor do you have a sense of humor.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
The ONE most important 'thing' to me? My daughters and granddaughters... hands down. They are what I live for, and are the basis for every decision I make in my life... everything I DO. They are my World, period.

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

What the...?

My mistake. I didn't see B... uh... BHowett's reply to your post. I have to keep a closer eye on things before I post.

Still, your not mentioning that your post was a QUOTE from Conan the 'whatever' film, initially came across as being crude, violent and uncalled for - for a simple question to the post asking "What matters to you?" That's why I reacted the way I did. I couldn't accept the 'rude' post... thinking that you weren't on the right track in answering the initial post's question. Okay, that aside, I DO watch a lot of movies and I think that I have a VERY healthy sense of humor.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Welcome to G2G - a great family site!

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

The ONE most important 'thing' to me? My daughters and granddaughters... hands down. They are what I live for, and are the basis for every decision I make in my life... everything I DO. They are my World, period.

Since my dad passed away last year in March, mom has been my biggest concern - she's the one that matters the most to me. I'm the youngest in the family, having a brother and sister that still live in the States. And they're not readily available for any assistance or comfort. So it's up to me to provide that and I do it with love. My ma had to put up SO much with me when my folks brought me up... now it's my turn to help her in her golden years. Gladly! Love ya ma! :)

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

What the...?

My mistake. I didn't see B... uh... BHowett's reply to your post. I have to keep a closer eye on things before I post.

Still, your not mentioning that your post was a QUOTE from Conan the 'whatever' film, initially came across as being crude, violent and uncalled for - for a simple question to the post asking "What matters to you?" That's why I reacted the way I did. I couldn't accept the 'rude' post... thinking that you weren't on the right track in answering the initial post's question. Okay, that aside, I DO watch a lot of movies and I think that I have a VERY healthy sense of humor.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Welcome to G2G - a great family site!

No problem.

You're probably wondering why I used that quote. In the movie, it is the answer that Conan gives to the question "What matters most in life?", which is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. So, even though this thread is serious, I feel that injecting a little jocularity into a serious subject would've been ok. So, I posted that quote. I wasn't trying to be rude.

So, if you really want to know what matters to me, here it is:

Honesty.

Nothing interpersonal can exist without honesty, because any type of relationship built on dishonesty is like building a house with no foundation. It looks nice from the outside, but a small wind will make it all fall apart.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Nothing interpersonal can exist without honesty, because any type of relationship built on dishonesty is like building a house with no foundation. It looks nice from the outside, but a small wind will make it all fall apart.

Absolutely 100% agree :)

Advertisements

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Count me in on that one too.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
My frontal lobe. The ability to think meaningful, worthwhile thoughts. The ability to keep things in perspective. Emotions.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Family
Health

bigboy99

bigboy99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What matters the most to me is my faith, beliefs, family and all those irreplaceable non-material things. I believe what I believe and there isn't much that will change that. I am thankful for my beautiful wife, my kids, the rest of my family (even if they are a pain in the butt sometimes!!) and all my really good close friends. Time also matters to me. I live each year like it were my last, each day like there was no tomorrow and every second like I could be gone the next second.

So that is what matters to me the most.

MaxMurder

MaxMurder

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
My best buddy, Otto:
Posted Image
And I suppose my wife as well. :)