Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound either

• Please log in to reply

shoebox4

shoebox4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no sound either. I have a Dell Dimension 5100C computer. My speakers are plugged in to power, light is on. Computer does have a beep when errors occur. I have used "Driver Doctor" scan and it says that my audio device is working. I also found the original disc for the device applications and it recognizes the audio driver and it also says it is working. I went on to Add/Remove programs and I found 2 audio drivers...yikes.. I am so computer illiterate!!! One looked like it was the Dell one...SigmaTel Audio 5.10.4350 and the other one I found in the Add/Remove programs list, High Definition Audio Driver Package KB835221, Microsoft 20040219.000000. But when I go to "Control Panel" and check out the sound applications it is not detecting an audio device. Any suggestions on what to do???
Thanks

Advertisements