Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Headphones work on XP, speakers don't.

• Please log in to reply

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I've got REaltek audio on my XP machine. Last night, my speakers were working fine, then all of a sudden no sound came out. I checked my device and whether anything was muted and my settings appeared to be fine. Speakers still don't work, however, my USB headphones produce sound. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I've got REaltek audio on my XP machine. Last night, my speakers were working fine, then all of a sudden no sound came out. I checked my device and whether anything was muted and my settings appeared to be fine. Speakers still don't work, however, my USB headphones produce sound. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Most USB headphones have a built in sound card chip. SO I would look at uninstalling the realtek and reinstalling the drivers. See if that helps.

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Problem resolved. Reinstalled the drivers.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
COngrads glad it works. :)