Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Document Imaging

• Please log in to reply

GboyIII

GboyIII

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hello. I went to print something using the Microsoft Document Imaging and it was not an option in my print menu. Can you help me reinstall this option since Microsoft's help page send you in a loop when trying to fix the issue. Geeks to go has always resolved my issues in the past. Please help!!! I have attached a HiJack this logfile.

GboyIII

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
do you have microsoft office installed?

GboyIII

GboyIII

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yes, it has been installed since I purchased the computer.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
3. Click on "Microsoft Office XP" and then click on "Change".
4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
5. On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
6. Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
7. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
8. Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
9. Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
10. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
11. Click on "Update".

Once this is complete, you can go to "Control Panel" and then to "Printers and Faxes", if you see a printer with the name of
"Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" then the MODI (Microsoft Office Document Imaging) is properly installed.

GboyIII

GboyIII

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for replying. I have tried the way you listed below and no dice. It still is not there. Any other ideas/solutions? Please advise. Thanks.