Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fireox Bookmark Synchronizer Add-on

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I downloaded this Firefox add-on to my Dell3000 pc (with XP) without really understanding what it does. Can someone point me to a description or just tell me what it will do for me.

(I had the idea it, somehow, syncronizes the bookmarks on the my Dell 3000 with the bookmarks on my Aptiva (with W98.) Is that right or not? What exactly does "synchronize" mean in this context?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Draygoes

Draygoes

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
To Sync somthing means to make exact duplicates between 2 or more places.

Example:
You save a new bookmark on one machine.
-When you open the browser on the other machine(If it has that addon installed, and your password has been entered..) it will also have that same bookmark saved.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Draygoes: Thanks. That is what I thought should happen. But the process of installing the Firefox addon to my Dell pc <never> asked anything about my <other> pc? How then could it do the synchronization? Am I supposed to install the Firefox sync addon to <both> pcs? ... wdc

Draygoes

Draygoes

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yes, you must install the addon on both pc's.